Sunday, February 10, 2013

I Meet Drop-Dead Gorgeous Steph Again...


In the spirit of valentine, I will talk about my vacation,Greece and Steph specifically. 

After “old money’s” wedding had been successfully executed, with Nadine and Ify staying completely out of each other’s way, and yours sincerely being the go between all through the event. We were so comfortable with our pot of gold that we decided it was time we put our feet up and relax.
We never travel at same time, as the business needed at least one of us to interface with clients, so Nadine took off for two weeks, while I held the fort .

Her first words when we saw was  “ so who is paying for the next vacation?” it  was always her line after spending too much money. When she goes on a shopping spree, she goes “so who is paying for all these items” kinda our way of saying a new client had to come in to fill the financial void such splurging had incurred.lol
I simply laughed and watched as she shoved a shopping bag at me, “now you can stop oogling this online” she said
Nadine has exquisite taste, so whenever she got you a gift, it was always something people would notice “awwwwww , that’s so sweet. What did you get me?” I asked while digging into the gift bag “Oh My God! Where on earth did you find this? “ my voice was quaking with emotion. It was a very rare antique styled Panerai Luminor wristwatch I had seen online, and I had mentioned that it looked like a collector’s piece, but it was sold out. I had no idea Nadine even noticed how much I wanted it.

“now don’t get all mushy on me” she said “it wasn’t like I went searching all over Milan for it, I just bumped into it” then she added “ I have to say this Dionne, for the price I paid, you are not getting a birthday or a Christmas gift for the next two years! Those silly watches are so frigging expensive!”
I was so touched, I ran to give her a bear hug, seriously I shouldn’t even expect a gift for 5years, those watches cost as much as $4,000!  With my obsession over watches, I still wouldn’t even buy it for myself!
That was Nadine, unpredictably sweet one minute and a Mord Sith the next.

It was the sign of better things to come, as two days later, a promotional first class ticket in hand, perfectly done hair, my  smile wider than Julia Roberts’  and my heart filled with thoughts of the sea and sun, then I saw him…still as drop-dead-gorgeous as the day he walked into our office only a few months ago. He walked in with the other members of the flight crew and he said. "well, well...if it isn't Raymond's cousin"
and that was how it all started....

Happy Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Think.