Sunday, February 10, 2013

We Keep Men Aside and Plan a Wedding


Of course when it comes to Money and business, men and all their drama will always have to take a back seat.  The excitement at the prospect of a blank cheque was enough to make us forget our pilot crush, at least for now. Steph was definitely a forgotten topic as I could almost see the creative wheels, churning out ideas in the factory that was Nadine’s mind. I knew she was going to be very quiet for the next couple of minutes dreaming up amazing ideas and after that she was going to bombard me with all the ideas, then I would have to start piecing them together. We made an awesome team, Nadine and I. 
I had started dialing to find out which of the large venues could be made available. Usually we love working with large venues like Landmark in Victoria Island annexe, cos its so spacious and you could do almost anything with it, create unbelievable themes as long as the client was ready to dole out the cash.
“I was thinking “ said Nadine “we have kinda used Landmark as a venue for too long, there is this new place, the one Ofure had her wedding in Ikoyi, maybe we should try securing it”


I had no clue what venue she was talking about.

 “I wasn’t at Ofure’s wedding Nadine, that was same weekend I had to travel for my  Aunt M's funeral, remember?” 
 I had lost a very dear aunt around that period and had to leave Nadine to handle the Client alone, and she was so frustrated having to deal with the tantrums of Ofure, who happens to be a dear friend of ours, but one of those very dramatic people who always saw a million ways things could go wrong. The wedding was a huge success, but Nadine wouldn’t speak to Ofure for an entire week after it, saying she could strangle her just to get even.Lol

“Well, Di you might have to call Ofure…or we could drive down there together”  its always better to see the place and visualize, and personally i would rather see the place when it was bare of decorations, i felt it helped you build your own ideas without distraction of decor.

“Works for me,” I said “and, I know you hate to hear this, but we have to let Ify in on this deal” even as I said it, I could already envisage Nadine’s reaction “what the hell for?”
Ify is a superb cake craft person, one of those kind who could make anything you wanted, and you would not have to worry, but according to Nadine, Ify was just an “overpriced cow, who had no respect for business etiquette” yeah, we both agreed she was very expensive, but  it was not my money and Ify was mixed breed, learnt how to make gateaux from some of the experts in France,  and when dealing with moneybags, I knew what would sell.

Same way we have Glen, a white female photographer, not because she was better than people like, Sumi Smart-Cole or TY Bello, or but because Nigerians would pay us more if they saw a Caucasian, so we exploited their narrow mindedness shamelessly.

But that was not the only reason, Ify and Nadine had their differences from way back, when were both studying in Paris, and they had a history….a story I will have to share some other time, right now we have a wedding to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Think.